Applications for this year's Career Development Awards and College Prizes are now open!
To view the criteria and conditions for each award in more detail, please click on the name of the individual award. Please note that you can only apply for one Career Development Award each year.
A summary of the Career Development Awards and College Prizes available in 2016-17 can be found in the Awards Overview below. If you are interested in finding out about the previous awardees, please visit our 2014-15 and 2015-16 awardees page.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 31st March 2017
Career Development Awards
The Dame Felicity Lott Bursary is open to all final year students who intend to progress to a professional career as a performer of music and can be used to help with the costs of professional training. The bursary is not restricted to students from the Department of Music. One award of £5,000 available.
The Kathleen Nixon Award is open to female students graduating this academic year or who have recently graduated from Royal Holloway. It is intended to help with training for a profession or a vocation. Four awards of £1,000 each available.
The Mary MacPherson Essay Prize is open to all Undergraduates and is awarded in recognition of a piece of journalistic writing of high distinction. Five prizes of £750 each available.
The Max Carey Memorial Prize is open to all Undergraduates and is awarded for work showing initiative and enterprise. Academic work is not usually considered for this award unless it is exceptional. Two prizes of £500 each available.
All applications should be made via the Online Application Form
. Before completing the application form, please read our guidance information
which lists the information you need to include within your application and an example of the application form.
Please note that we are only able to accept one application for a Career Development Award per student.
Once you have decided which award or prize you wish to apply for:
- Read the guidance information to check you have all the necessary details to hand.
- Complete the Online Application Form and upload the relevant documents for the award you are applying for. For the Career Development Awards the supporting statement should be no longer than 500 words and for the College Prizes, 300 words. Any field marked with a * is compulsory. You will need to submit the form in one sitting as you are not able to save the form and return to complete it a later date.
- Once you submit the form, you will receive a confirmation email to the address you entered on your form.
- The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 31st March 2017.
- You will be informed by the beginning of May whether your application has been successful.
If you have any queries regarding this process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01784 414240.