How to Pay Fees

Payment of Tuition and Accommodation Fees 

Both tuition and accommodation fees can be paid by the methods detailed on the tabs below. Students can view invoices covering fees for the current academic year and make a payment at any time via the finance tab of Campus Connect

Debit or credit card

Online payment:

  • Campus Connect (username and password required) for students only.
  • Epay (nine digit student number and date of birth required) suitable for payments by family members etc.

Please note we currently do not accept American Express and Diners cards.

If you have difficulty making a payment online you can talk to a member of the Student Services Centre team in the Windsor Building.

International Bank Transfer

WUBS logo 010814

Royal Holloway offers a quick, safe and secure way to make international bank to bank transfers in partnership with Western Union:

  • Secure payment in local currency.
  • Exchange rate quote guaranteed and held for 72 hours.
  • The correct amount received for your fee payment at the
  •  university.
  • No expensive international bank charges.
  • Email confirmation from Western Union and Royal Holloway once payment received.
  • No difficulty in identifying your payment at the university.

Tuition and Royal Holloway accommodation fees can be paid via this service.

Click here to make a secure transfer in your local currency


Bank to Bank Transfer

If you are making a bank transfer payment please ensure your payment is remitted by your bank at least five working days before your invoice due date.


Bank Name:

National Westminster Bank, Egham, Surrey, TW20 9EU


Account Name:



Sort code:

60 07 33


Account No:


To ensure there is no delay in allocating your payment please ask your bank to quote:

  • Student's nine digit ID number (100......).
  • Student's name.
  • What the payment is for ( e.g. tuition instalment,accommodation, tuition fee). 

 Click here for the full College bank details (including IBAN )

Cheque or Banker's Draft

Cheques or banker's drafts may be sent by post (do not mail cash and/or travellers cheques). Please make cheques payable to 'Royal Holloway University of London' and send to:

Student Fees Office, Royal Holloway University of London, Egham, Surrey, TW20 0EX

Cheques must be drawn on a UK bank in GB sterling. We do not accept Eurocheques or cheques drawn on an overseas bank.

Please ensure you have written the student ID number on the reverse of the cheque and that it is posted at least five working days before an invoice due date.


If you have difficulty making a payment you can talk to a member of the Student Services Centre team in the Windsor Building.

Confirmation of Fee Payments

Please note that only letters for visa renewals will be available during the enrolment period (12th September 2016 to 31st October 2016)

Refund Requests

If your student fee account has a credit balance due to a fee adjustment, movement from college accommodation or an overpayment, you can request a refund by submitting the Student Fee Refund Request Form.

Wherever possible the College will always refund credit balances back to the account which made the original payment and you may be asked for confirmation details before your request can be completed. The Student Fees team will contact you on your College email so ensure you check your Inbox regularly.

Please note that refund requests for overpayments due to the early payment discount will be processed after 1st November.

  • Student Fees Refund Request Form
    Please submit this form to request a refund of a credit balance of Tuition or Accommodation fee payments
  • Your details
  • Student Name

Student Finance Loans 

UK/EU Undergraduate Loans

You have to re-apply every year for Student Finance loans and grants and it is important that you have your finances in place before term starts in September

Click here for information on the Student Finance process and what you should be doing to prepare for next year.

Maintenance Loans (UK undergraduates only)

The following has to happen before a student receives their maintenance loan;

  1. Online Sign Up has been completed
  2. Tuition Fees have been paid or Student Finance have confirmed a Tuition Fee loan for the current academic year directly to Royal Holloway
  3. Any debts with Royal Holloway from previous years have been paid in full. Check your account on the finance tab of Campus Connect
  4. Confirmation of Attendance has been completed. Royal Holloway will only confirm attendance for returning students if the first 3 steps described above have been completed.  New students to Royal Holloway must also complete ID check. You can check when your attendance was confirmed on the enrolment tab of Campus Connect.
  5. You should expect your loan to be in your bank account within 3 working days of the date your attendance was confirmed. If you have provided up to date contact details Student Finance will text you when your loan has been paid.



Student Finance England Loans for Postgraduate Study

From 201617 the Government will for the first time provide a loan for postgraduate Master's study. The Postgraduate Loan (PGL) will be paid to the student as a contribution towards Tuition Fees, living costs and other course costs.

Enrolment and payment of Tuition Fees

If you wish to use a Post Graduate Loan to pay your tuition fees with Royal Holloway in September 2016  you must bring your approved loan confirmation with you to enrolment, showing the amount of loan you are receiving. The maximum loan available each year is £10,000 if you are a Full Time student, and £5,000 if you are a Part Time student.

If the loan amount you are receiving each year is equal to or more than your fees for the year you will be allowed to enrol by making a minimum payment of 20% of the full cost of your tuition fees for that year. The balance of your fees will be split in to 3 equal instalments in line with the payments made to you by the Student Loans Company. The fees for each year must be paid in full before continuing onto the next year if you are on a 2 year course.

If your fees are higher than the maximum loan entitlement per year, then you will be required to pay in the standard 2 instalments, 50% to enrol and 50% in term 2. The Student Fees Office may, in exceptional circumstances, agree an extended instalment arrangement for tuition fee payment. Evidence of additional approved funding support or income may be requested.

If you have applied for something other than the maximum amounts and do not fall into any of the categories above, then you must pay 50% of your fees at enrolment and the balance at the start of term 2.

Receiving your loan

Once you are fully enrolled at the university, we will contact the Student Loans Company to confirm this and your payment will be released within 2-5 working days of this confirmation being sent.

Please note that this process will ONLY release payment if you have returned your Signed Declaration form to the SLC confirming that you accept the Terms and Conditions of the loan. It takes them about 10 working days to process your declaration once you send it in, so please ensure you allow sufficient time for this.

You can find further information about the Post Graduate Loan by visiting our website at the following link:

If you have any further queries then please contact the Student Fees team



Tuition Fee Payments by a Sponsor

If a third party ,e.g government embassy, employer or recognised funding body (other than Student Finance England) , is paying part , or all, of your fees we must see the original letter confirming the level of your support, before you start your programme.

If, at enrolment, the online information is showing the full fee is payable by you, you should still complete online sign up but it will not be possible for you to complete your enrolment fully until a formal sponsor's guarantee to make payment to Royal Holloway has been seen and recorded by us.

You can either present your sponsor letter at enrolment or you can email a copy of the original letter to Student Administration. An invoice will then be issued to your sponsor once you are fully enrolled.

Please note that Royal Holloway does not produce sponsor invoices for accommodation fees. If a sponsor has agreed to pay the fees for your accommodation please forward a copy of the student invoice to them for payment. You can download a copy of the invoices for the current academic year from the finance tab of Campus Connect.

Payment of accommodation fees

If you have a place in College Halls of Residence, an invoice will be available, via the Campus Connect Finance page, at the time of your occupancy and will list payments due for the whole contract period. You can also find the payment amounts and due dates in your contract.

College accommodation fees are payable each term, in advance, in the first week of each term, except in the first term, when a two week payment period is allowed. No instalment arrangements are available.

The standard payment due dates for 2016-17 will be:-   

Term 1

30th September 2016

Term 2

13th January 2017

Term 3

28th April 2017

Term 4

23rd June 2017

 Details of fees for all Halls of Residence

Royal Holloway, University of London logo
Contact us

If you have a query concerning a payment you have made or need to make please contact: Student Fees or call us on: 

01784 414099


If you have a query concerning the amount you have been billed please contact : Student Administration