Appeal Checklist Question 5iii

If you suspect that an administrative error has been made in calculating or recording your results, the most effective course of action in the first instance is to contact your department/school informally so that the accuracy of your results can be checked.  If you submit an appeal on these grounds without having checked your results with your department/school, you will be asked to do this first so that you can receive an answer almost immediately. 

You cannot appeal against the academic judgement of examiners. This is because robust procedures exist to make sure that marking standards are appropriate. If you do not understand why you have received a particular outcome or mark you may wish to discuss this with your Course Tutor, Personal Adviser, the Academic Coordinator or Programme Director.


Return to guidance pages

Royal Holloway, University of London logo