Prizes and Awards
We are very proud of all the prizes and awards won by our students and our staff, and by the Department:
- In 2013, we received an Athena SWAN Bronze Award in recognition of our commitment to increasing the participation of women in Computer Science at all levels, from undergraduate students to the highest academic roles.
- The 2014 BCS Accreditation Visit Panel identified our teaching of Software Engineering as an area of best practice.
- Awarded 'Department of the Year' by the Student Union for having the most engaging and outstanding student representatives in the academic year 2014/15.
- Awarded 'Outstanding Department' by the Disability & Dyslexia Services for playing a pivotal role in improving accessibility to disabled and dyslexic students.
We award prizes and give out commendation letters to our best students:
Our student Computing Society has also won multiple awards:
- 2014/15 Society of the Year Award
- 2014/15 Skills and Employability Cup
- Community Action's volunteering group of the year 2015, Runnymede Volunteer Awards