This calendar summarises many of the expected commitments full-time students will have over the year. Part-time students are not expected to meet all these commitments every year, and should discuss with their supervisor the participation appropriate to their part-time attendance.
An overall awareness of your commitments will enable you to plan your time effectively. These are in addition to the research that you are pursuing for your PhD.
- Tuesday 3pm: Department Research Seminar
- Teaching/demonstrating commitments (October-March)
- Supervision (frequency to be agreed with your supervisor)
- First Wednesday of the month, 4pm: (October-March): Cakes Talk
- January: First Term report and review (first years)
- May: Annual review (report required) (first, second and third years)
- May: Postgraduate Colloquium Day
- September: Deadline for Upgrade Annual Review (second years)
- Between October and March: Give a Cakes Talk and/or a Departmental Research Seminar
- College Teaching Certificate Course (inSTIL)
- External training courses
- EPSRC Graduate School Programme (5 day residential course)
- Attend Conference/workshop