We use cookies on this site. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Close this message Find out more

Home > Careers & Employability > Specialist help > International students
More in this section Specialist help

International students


How can the Careers & Employability Service help me?

Want to find out more about working in the UK? Want to improve your skills and employability for when you return home? The Careers & Employability Service provides a range of services to help you, including;

While at university you should also using the services offered on-campus by CEDAS, including 1-to-1 writing consultations and academic writing workshops. Information for international students.

If you are a Chinese student you may find www.prepare2getahead.co.uk useful in planning your career.


Working in the UK

  • Visa and immigration information from The International Student Support Office
  • UKCISA: The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) provide useful  advice and practical information for international students in the UK.
  • UK NARIC: The National Academic Recognition Information Centre for the UK - online queries about equivalence of international qualifications
  • UKBA: Information about work permits, immigration, special schemes etc.
  • EducationUK: Run by the British Council, gives information on all aspects of studying and working in the UK for international students
  • Resources for international students on the Careers & Employability Moodle (look for "Get help for international students")
  • This helpsheet explains how a firm can hire an international student in the UK. It is designed for you to give to an employer to help them understand the processes and responsibilities.


Working internationally

  • JobOnline: Search for jobs abroad
  • GoingGlobal: International and UKjob vacancies, country profiles and advice. Access this through your Moodle here 
  • CareersTagged: Covers working and studying overseas.
  • Prospects: Country profiles and how to find and apply to jobs
  • EURES: Comprehensive information on working and studying in all EU countries
  • GradLink: "The online careers service for international students studying in the UK.". Home page with links through to specialist sites for India, ASEAN, China, Africa and Canada
  • Are you a Chinese student keen to develop your family business or looking to start your own business? Try www.innovate2getahead.co.uk

Comment on this page

Did you find the information you were looking for? Is there a broken link or content that needs updating? Let us know so we can improve the page.

Note: If you need further information or have a question that cannot be satisfied by this page, please call our switchboard on +44 (0)1784 434455.

This window will close when you submit your comment.

Add Your Feedback