How can the Careers & Employability Service help me?
Want to find out more about working in the UK? Want to improve your skills and employability for when you return home? The Careers & Employability Service provides a range of services to help you, including;
While at university you should also using the services offered on-campus by CEDAS, including 1-to-1 writing consultations and academic writing workshops. Information for international students.
Working in the UK
- Visa and immigration information from The International Student Support Office
- UKCISA: The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) provide useful advice and practical information for international students in the UK.
- UK NARIC: The National Academic Recognition Information Centre for the UK - online queries about equivalence of international qualifications
- UKBA: Information about work permits, immigration, special schemes etc.
- EducationUK: Run by the British Council, gives information on all aspects of studying and working in the UK for international students
- Resources for international students on the Careers & Employability Moodle (look for "Get help for international students")
- This helpsheet explains how a firm can hire an international student in the UK. It is designed for you to give to an employer to help them understand the processes and responsibilities.
- JobOnline: Search for jobs abroad
- GoingGlobal: International and UKjob vacancies, country profiles and advice. Access this through your Moodle here
- CareersTagged: Covers working and studying overseas.
- Prospects: Country profiles and how to find and apply to jobs
- EURES: Comprehensive information on working and studying in all EU countries
- GradLink: "The online careers service for international students studying in the UK.". Home page with links through to specialist sites for India, ASEAN, China, Africa and Canada