The Biology department and Careers Service have organised a number of Royal Holloway Biology Graduates to come in and talk to current students about their careers. The alumni span all the areas that bioscientists are interested in.
1. Elis Ademova - As a consultantwith Verita,Elis researches organisations issues and provides recommendations for improvements in practice in the health, education and charity sectors. Consultancy is the highest paid job area in the UK, above even finance.
2. Francesca Baylis – Francesca is a PhD student at Royal Holloway and she will be describing why it is great to do a PhD and what the challenges are.
3. Krishnan Patel – Krishanis in his second year of doing graduate entry medicine at Queen Mary, he will be sharing his insights into what life is like doing graduate entry medicine and discussing how to get a place.
4. Nyannah Siva - Nyannah is a science journalist who has written for the Lancet, Science and BBC focus and edited various scientific journals. She will be sharing information on how to access journalism positions.
5. David Collins – David initially worked as a naturalist guideand then as a Nature Reserve Conservation Officer for the RSPB. He then worked for the Environment Agency as a strategy manager and is currently working for HS2 as an Ecology Technical Specialist.
6. Russell Dornan – Russell trained to work as a biological museum curator with Shropshire County Council, then moved on to be a Natural Historyproject co-ordinator. He is now the Wellcome Foundation Collection's website, blog and social media channels manager and editor.
7. Fatjon Dekaj – Fatjon first worked as a Medical Laboratory Assistant at the Wolfson Institute and this lead on to a Biochemistry Technician position in the NHS. Fatjon will be able to give an insight into how to get those sought after Biomedical testing positions in the NHS.