What is an application form?
Online application forms require you to list your education & experience and explain what you gained from it.
You will also be asked to answer questions relating to what the organisation is looking for. For example:
- "Describe a situation when you overcame a substantial challenge."
- "Why did you apply for this role in particular?"
- "Explain how your extra-curricular activities will contribute to your success in this role."
- Research and understand the employer, the sector, the role and what the employer is looking for. Keynote is a great tool for researching sectors.
- Read the instructions and questions - very carefully. Do exactly what they ask.
- Tailor your answers to the job. Employers strongly dislike generic answers.
- Draft your questions in rough first. When complete get them checked by the Careers & Employability Service.
- Instead of making claims such as, "I have good communication skills", use specific examples and facts, such as "I made a one hour presentation to 45 students and won the class prize"
- Do the Application Form Moodle Course and get Passport Points!
- Read the application forms helpsheet on Moodle
- Check our events page for application form workshops.
- Draft your application form answers and book an appointment to have them checked.