Posted on 01/02/2012
Full fee scholarships recognising top students’ leadership skills and awards for academic achievement are to be introduced at Royal Holloway, University of London from the 2012/13 academic year.
Three new full fee Future Leaders scholarships and unlimited £1000 bursaries for AAB+ students will be available. These new awards will add to the existing support already announced to create a scholarship and bursary package worth nearly £4 million.
Our total package of support to next year’s students includes:
- Three full fees ‘Future Leaders’ scholarships, for one applicant from each faculty who best demonstrates academic ability, high motivation, leadership skills, ambition and social responsibility.
- Unlimited Bedford scholarships of £1000 for every student who puts Royal Holloway as their firm choice by the UCAS deadline of the 9th of May, goes on to achieve AAB or better (or equivalent) and then registers for a degree at RHUL.
- Scholarships of up to £3,000 for those on the lowest incomes.
- Year-round free accommodation for care leavers.
- Doubling of the student hardship fund and bursaries for mature students.
Announcing the scholarships, Deputy Principal Professor Rob Kemp, said: “Along with bursaries for students from low income families, we want to reward the hard work that high achieving applicants have put in to their studies so far, irrespective of their financial circumstances, and welcome them to Royal Holloway with some additional financial support. With unlimited £1,000 Bedford scholarships on offer many of our students will receive financial help to ease the burden of their living costs.”
Full details of our scholarships, along with terms and conditions.