For staff and students
The Press Office is responsible for raising the profile of Royal Holloway locally, nationally and internationally. We work with academics to promote their research and expertise. We highlight the achievements of our staff, students and alumni and work to protect and strengthen our reputation.
The Press office works to:
- Secure media coverage through press releases, features and social media.
- Issue statements, letters and opinion pieces on topical issues.
- Put forward our academics and researchers to provide informed opinion or analysis on their expertise for print, radio and television interviews.
- Provide advice and practical support for staff and students on all aspects of media liaison, including providing media training.
- Establish and maintain relationships with journalists and producers.
Contact us when:
- You can be an expert commentator on a breaking story.
- Your work relates to topical issues and is on the current news agenda.
- You are starting a big research project or coming to the end of one.
- You are speaking/presenting your research at a conference or high profile event.
- You need help with a journalist that has contacted you directly.
- You have an idea for a story or opinion piece.
- You have been accepted to appear in a peer-reviewed journal.
Add your details:
Our Directory of Experts contains details of academics who are willing to speak to journalists on their particular areas of research and expertise.
It is a way of helping to raise the profile of Royal Holloway and alerting journalists to the breadth of research and teaching that takes place here.
If you would like to add your details to the directory you can do so by filling out the following form