Lighting refurbishment project
An exciting lighting and conservation project took place in the Picture Gallery from 14 December 2015 until 2 March 2016.
All the paintings came down whilst blinds and UV film were fitted to the windows. This is the first new lighting system installed since the Founder's Building was opened in 1886.
The changes bring the natural light down to museum conservation levels as well as providing a lighting system that works for all the College events that take place in the space from public opening hours, to exams, teaching, weddings and conferences.
Why not arrange to visit the newly refurbished gallery in 2016 and enjoy seeing the paintings in a new light?!
Watch our video to see the paintings go into storage until March.